TUpeerTube is currently in a beta stage.
TUpeerTube is a video platform of TU Wien based on the open source product PeerTube. On this platform employees of TU Wien can upload self-made (learning) videos and make them available. It works similarly to commercial services like YouTube, DailyMotion etc. The videos are hosted on a server of TU Wien.
https://joinpeertube.org/ (official product homepage)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PeerTube (information on Wikipedia)
Information for the use at TU Wien
Creating an account and setting a password
TU-employees can apply for an account free of charge at https://service.it.tuwien.ac.at/tube/ (Login with TU-account necessary)
After creating the account, a password must be set. In order to do this, you must click at https://tube1.it.tuwien.ac.at on the button "Anmelden", followed by clicking on the link "Ich habe mein Passwort vergessen".
You will receive an e-mail with the link for resetting the password. The password is not identical to your TU-account password and should by all means be different!
With this new password you can log in at TUpeerTube.
- After logging in, just click on the button "Upload" ("Hochladen") at the upper right corner.
- In order to hide videos from users, you should enter "Unlisted" ("Nicht gelistet") for the "Privacy" ("Sichtbarkeit") setting. The link can then be given to recipients, such as students by embedding it in TUWEL.
- Tip: Similar to YouTube, you can also create series of videos in PeerTube by using playlists to group the playback of the videos thematically and chronologically.
Include self-made videos in your TUWEL course
- You can find istructions and tips on this page
- How-To Video - How to embed my Videos in TUWEL / Wie binde ich meine Videos in TUWEL ein (de)
Examples of use
- Upload self-produced learning videos, which can for example be be recorded with PowerPoint, Snaglt, Camtasia etc.