Using Cisco Jabber, your iPhone can be used as a "TUphone apparatus" with your extension.
Prerequisite: Software is installed on the respective device.
1. Obtain the software:
Cisco Jabber download
Cisco Jabber for iPhone and Android in the respective App Store:
Cisco Jabber for iPhone: Quick Start Guide
Cisco Jabber for Android: Quick Start Guide
Cisco Jabber for PC on the Internet:
Cisco Jabber for Mac: Quick Start Guide
Cisco Jabber for Windows: Quick Start Guide
2. Internet access
3. The Basis, Softphone & Mobility workstation model must be activated in TISS for your extension. This must be done by a TUphone approver of your organizational unit. (If a software telephone exists in your TUphone profile, it has already been converted.)
4. Configured Mobile Client (Standard, iPhone or Android): In TUphone profile under Mobile Phone or Other Remote Destination.
Login with TUphoneUsername and TUphone password
- If only a username is requested, it is
TUphoneUsername@tuphone.tuwien.ac.at. (Cisco Jabber is trying to find out how to contact TU Wien's telephone system.)
- If both a username and a password are requested, they are
@tuphone.tuwien.ac.at) and the TUphone password.
(Reset or change the TUphone password in TISS: Organization → TUphone → My Profile → Ihre Zugangsdaten zum TUphone-System (untranslated) → Passwort)
6. Switching the device for calls
By default, Cisco Jabber works as a "remote control" for the phone on your desk. The current mode is visible under the list area on the left:
The phone icon represents the "desk phone remote control mode", the monitor icon stands for "make and receive calls from the computer".
To change the mode, you can click on the icon and then choose a different device under Device for calls: