ZOOM is an online service for web conferences and webinars. You can present the whole screen or only selected applications. It is also possible to give the control of mouse and keyboard to all or selected participants. Furthermore, this tool offers the possibility to send text messages and data files. ZOOM LICENSE EXTENDED UP TO MAI 22ND, 2020!
ZOOM LICENSE EXTENDED UP TO MAI 22ND, 2020!
Examples of use
- Hold interactive online lectures
- Meetings with TU Wien colleagues or external partners
- Inviting guest lecturers
- Debriefing on exercises
- Holding ollaborative meetings with whiteboards for meetings of artefacts like sketches, drafts etc.
- Conducting polling meetings
Video instructions TU (<2 min) basics
- Registration for the basic license
- Planing and announcement of (multiple) meetings/lectures using ZOOM
Features & How To
- Breakout rooms
- Polling for meetings
- Nonverbal feedback during meetings
- Using annotation tools on a shared screen or whiteboard
- Sharing your screen
- Integration with Moodle (TUWEL, CECnet)
- How to create a Zoom meeting in TUWEL (incl. settings & student view)
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers
- Clients for
- Windows / Linux / Mac
- Android / iOS
- Very good! Very good keyboard operability, very good interface for screen reader and braille display.
At ZOOM, only the lecturer needs a registered account. Within seconds and without installing anything, listeners and conference participants can also join via link using a browser or free APPs.
- Basic license (unlimited availability)
- maximum 100 participants per conference
- maximum 40 min. per conference (status as of March 19, 2020, ZOOM temporarily suspended this time limit)
- unlimited number of conferences
- video guides: Registration for the basic license (max. 40min. / conference, max. 100 participants)
- Business license (available only until May 22nd, 2020)
- all options of the Basic license included
- maximum 24h per conference
- recording of conferences up to max. 1GB (mp4 or mp3) are possible
- Add-ons (normally subject to a surcharge, but currently available with the test license free of charge until May 22nd, 2020)
- Large Meeting (up to 500 participants)
- Webinar (up to 500 participants)
E-Mail ticketing system of the Teaching Support Center: email@example.com