Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, Camtasia is free of charge for use until the end of June 2020. Starting from the first of July 2020 it will cost 15€/quarter.
Camtasia Studio is a commercial software for recording screen casts as videos. The program offers four basic functionalities optionally at every start.
- It is possible to record a video of the screen with the first function.
- The second option can record an audio track of the microphone.
- The third option allows for the recording of a PowerPoint presentation.
- The fourth function offers the possibility to import already existing media. The program supports the in-house CAMREC format, the video formats AVI, MPEG and WMV and the audio formats WAV, MP3 and WMA.
One essential function is the picture-in-picture function. With this function it is possible to integrate a second video in a reduced form into the main video.
Examples of use
- Recording of lectures (such as presentations, exercises)
- Loading of PowerPoint slides and add audio recording
- Recording content of screen and add audio track
- Creating software tutorials
You can upload finished exported video files on TUpeerTube and directly link to the upload from your TUWEL course!