ZOOM is an online service for web conferences. You can present the whole screen or only selected applications. It is also possible to give the control of mouse and keyboard to all or selected participants. Furthermore, this tool offers the possibility to send text messages and data files. ZOOM LICENSES HAVE BEEN PURCHASED AND ARE AVAILABLE FOR TEACHING.
ZOOM LICENSES HAVE BEEN PURCHASED AND ARE AVAILABLE FOR TEACHING.
Examples of use
- Hold interactive online lectures
- Meetings with TU Wien colleagues or external partners
- Inviting guest lecturers
- Debriefing on exercises
- Holding ollaborative meetings with whiteboards for meetings of artefacts like sketches, drafts etc.
- Conducting polling meetings
Video instructions TU (<2 min) basics
- Registration for the basic license
- Planing and announcement of (multiple) meetings/lectures using ZOOM
Features & How To
- Breakout rooms
- Polling for meetings
- Nonverbal feedback during meetings
- Using annotation tools on a shared screen or whiteboard
- Sharing your screen
- Integration with Moodle (TUWEL, CECnet)
- How to create a Zoom meeting in TUWEL (incl. settings & student view)
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers
- Clients for
- Windows / Linux / Mac
- Android / iOS
- Further helpful instructions from Zoom (Covid-19 tips)
To give you a quick overview of the dashboard of your Zoom Client, we have created a short CheatSheet with the most important functionalities in both English and German.
- Very good! Very good keyboard operability, very good interface for screen reader and braille display.
At ZOOM, only the lecturer needs a registered account. Within seconds and without installing anything, listeners and conference participants can also join via link using a browser or free APPs.
Education license of the TU Wien
- Maximum 300 participants per meeting
- Maximum 24h per meeting
- Unlimited number of meetings
- Recording of conferences locally on your own computer or in the Zoom Cloud
E-Mail ticketing system: firstname.lastname@example.org