With TUchat, we offer you a professional chat service for communication and collaboration in teams and individual conversations respectively.
You can share texts, formulas (KaTeX), files, pictures or videos.
- labelled by hash #
- the furthermost "outer" room in a chat
- labelled by two speech bubbles
- "Sub room" in a channel
- Ad hoc discussion
- When someone answers directly (in a channel or in a discussion), a new discussion will be opened automatically. This is called an ad hoc discussion. Answers are displayed with a blue button "x Replys" (when using the web browser). They open up in their own "room". In the web browser, this room can be directly next to the (main) discussion/channel
- Answers / Replys
- All answers in a channel or statements in a discussion
Examples of use
- Arranging consultation hours
- Short feedback from students
- Brainstorming and exchanging thoughts with students and colleagues from TU Wien
TUchat can be accessed in your web browser directly via https://chat.tuwien.ac.at/.
Desktop apps for Windows, macOS and Linux can be downloaded here. (Please do NOT use the Internet Explorer for download!)
When logging in using the app the server „chat.tuwien.ac.at“ must be inserted.
Instructions on how to use Rocket Chat can be found at https://rocket.chat/docs/
Integration of upTUdate groups
To integrate an upTUdate group in TUchat, the following steps are necessary: Integration upTUdate Groups
TUchat at the TU.it website